AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question regarding Fast Cosim

Question asked by drgz on Sep 18, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2010 by drgz
Hello,

just got a quick question regarding the Fast Cosim feature for co-simulations with Ptolemy. I got a PA I want to do simulations on with signals generated in MATLAB. If I don't enable the Fast Cosim option, each simulation can take up to 40-60 min, which is kinda longer than I'd like it to be. However, enabling the Fast Cosim options without changing the default settings for the number of characterization parameters results in a performance which isn't satisfactory. Thus, I must tweak the number of characterization points manually.

The question that then arises is how many points for the different options is enough? I mean, If the signal from MATLAB is a 20.000-by-1 vector (16-QAM), should the number of amplitude points used in the building of the model be 20.000? And what about the number of phase points and small-signal freq. points around the carrier?

I've been reading a bit through the documentation, but I can't find any good answer to this. I also assume there won't be any universal answer either, but some guiding lines would have been appreciated.

So if anyone got some inputs I'd be happy to get them.

Best regards,

D.  

Outcomes