AnsweredAssumed Answered

Layout component schematic symbol editing

Question asked by vgreer on Aug 4, 2003
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2003 by ALEPEREZ
Hello again all,

Vital stats: version: ADS2003A

Okay, so my double octagonal spiral transformer macro is working and I've created a layout component.  So far so good.  Here's the thing: because I'm doing pseudo-3D analysis, I've got ports that are right on top of each other (they're on different layers).  This means that I can't assure connectivity to my satisfaction using the standard layout look-alike schematic symbol.  So, instead, I'm using the black box symbol.  The thing is the automated port placement is rather annoying.  See, I set the ports up to go 1--5 and then go around again on different layers for 6--10, where 6 matches 1, 7 matches 2, etc.  The default symbol port layout just goes 1--10 in order counter-clockwise around the symbol starting near the upper-left corner.  Now what I'd like to do is match the ports up properly and even put them into positions that resemble their real positions on the layout, so the symbol would be more like the layout look-alike I can't use but wish I could .  I haven't had any luck editing the symbol, however.  Is there a way to do this with layout component symbols?  I've successfully drawn what I want, but I don't know how to link it to the component.  It seems unwilling to take it.  Ideas?  RTFMs (preferably with section names/numbers)?

Thanks in advance for your help,
vgreer  

Outcomes