AnsweredAssumed Answered

N5182A DHCP Issues

Question asked by mhurd on Apr 11, 2016
Latest reply on May 4, 2016 by EricBaker
I routinely run into issues with the DHCP settings on the MXG A and B series generators (currently I am dealing with an N5182A model, Firmware Version A.01.87). Upon placing the generator into DHCP/Auto IP mode, it successfully completes steps 1 through 3 of the Network Initialization Process, but hangs indefinitely on step 4 (acquiring IP address). Does anyone know how I might solve this issue?

Here are the troubleshooting steps that I have implemented so far:
- Replacing the CPU (this always resolves the issue, but is costly)
- Manually configure the IP address to verify that the LAN port is operational (this provides a connection and I can successfully ping the instrument, but my end-users require that DHCP is operational)
- Testing the network using other MXG model instruments that have the DHCP/Auto IP option enabled to confirm that the network DHCP is operating correctly (the network DHCP server is working)
- Re-installing the latest firmware (this never resolves the issue)
- Following the Keysight MXG LAN Configuration Guide (hangs on step 4 as described above, no IP is ever assigned)
- Setting the instrument's DHCP timeout setting to the maximum allowable interval

I really appreciate any tips / hints. I would like to be able to begin resolving this issue whenever encountered without having to replace the A3 CPU board...

Edited by: MHurd on Apr 11, 2016 11:36 PM

Edited by: MHurd on Apr 11, 2016 11:37 PM  

Outcomes