AnsweredAssumed Answered

EMPOWER verus Linear simulation results

Question asked by elia on Dec 19, 2005
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2005 by JERRY_MARKETOS
Dear Colleagues,

I would like to know if one of you could clear up my doubts regarding to get different results when comparing the same structure on EMPOWER and Linear simulation.

The reason is that I made a simple microstrip with two ports and had run the linear simulation.
Aftwerwards with the same microstrip structure I requested a EMPOWER simulation and got very different results as the linear one. I had consider a proper grid spacing for increase the simulation accuracy.

I am aware that we need to set up many variables such air above/below, metal tickness, substrate,etc.

My question is : Is it possible to get same results on both simulations ? How can I do that ? (I mean to set up the variables).

Please note on the attached structure there is no coupling between lines, it is a simple microstrip (MLI) just for comparision results.

P.S. Since the structure is a simple microstrip, it should not present different results once we find the proper set-up for the variables (Layout properties). Why I am getting very different results ?

Thank you in advance.

[file]exemplo.wsp[/file]

Attachments

Outcomes