AnsweredAssumed Answered

2006.7 to 2006.10 problems

Question asked by mburfo on Nov 8, 2006
Importing from 2006.10 to 2006.10
Thought would save you guys some hassle....
When opening a 2006.7 workspace with a layout in 2006.10, apart from the usual units and global options being reset, I found that this in fact extended beyond the tools->options box.

I thought for ages that the optimally mitred microstrip bend had gone seriously wrong as it always was using the x/d limit of 0.85. After much head scratching and measurements, I realised that the substrate I had created had changed the mil to mm also!! so I had a substrate height of 300 and something mm which of course isn't visually obvious until you look at the empower layers in detail.

I have had other problems with importing 2006.7 workspaces in to 2006.10 where I had a lovely sheet set up to auto recalculate many linear simulations when I dropped a new .sp4 file in to a top level schematic. Nothing got updated, even when I told it to recalculate each of the 20 or so linear simulations and also the graph units kept reverting to dB when I wanted the graphs all in abs().

In short, I would recommend recreating all workspaces in 2006.10 from scratch! It will save hours instead of wasting potentially days figuring out why an existing workspace is no longer functioning.

Regards
Mark  

Outcomes