AnsweredAssumed Answered

N9923A full two port cal

Question asked by JRL on Apr 25, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2011 by JRL
I have an N9923A and an 85033E mechanical cal kit.  I want to measure the loss of a non-insertable device.The User's Guide indicates that a full two port cal is needed to measure a non-insertable device. This requires an Open, Short, and Load on both ports and "any thru". Will the cal remove the loss of the thru used in the calibration? I have an SMA female to female adapter that I want to measure the loss of. Can I use this to perform the calibration and then measure its loss?