AnsweredAssumed Answered

HP 436A Matlab programming issues

Question asked by mattdeibel on Feb 22, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2011 by mattdeibel
We are trying to communicate to the HP 436A over IEEE 488 using MATLAB.  We want to be able to set the units the power is measured in, and read out the power measurements.  We have 2 simple lines of code:

fprintf(power1_obj, '9D+T'); %  controls power meter - sets it to read in dB and puts it in trigger mode
        power_1 = str2double(fscanf(power1_obj)); % read the power  *** this line does not work

the first line works, we are able to change D to A or other ascii characters to change the units of the power meter.  However we are unable to read the power out.  I think it has something to do with the "eol" command sent by the power meter (I read a couple posts about this but not too sure what it is or how to look for it) because when we run the program the power meter portion always times out.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I am fairly non experienced in this area so can if you know how to help me please try to break down the problem into its simplest form.  Thanks for your time.

Matt Deibel  

Outcomes