to create and rate content, and to follow, bookmark, and share content with other members.
How do I make fast WiMAX measurements on the N9020A MXA?
Question asked by
on Aug 14, 2007
on May 5, 2010 by tabbott
Show 0 Likes
Programming tips for making fast WiMAX measurements on the N9020A
Optimizing WiMAX Measurements.pdf
No one else has this question
Mark as assumed answered
This content has been marked as final.
Show 1 comment
(Required, will not be published)
May 5, 2010 2:34 PM
In general to make measurements faster you would do the following:
1) Turn the display off
2) Minimize GPIB/LAN/USB transactions by setting up all of the parameters for all of your measurements upfront and then simply starting each measurement and reading back the results. You can also group commands together using the “;”
3) Going to single sweep (:init:cont off)
4) Reduce the number of averages (however, using less averages increases the variability of results)
5) Reduce the number of mode switches and setups.
6) Put your faster setups to the inner loop and slower setups to the outer loop. For instance, make all your measurements done at the same frequency and only change frequency after you have done all of the quicker measurements together, since changing frequency takes more time.
7) Group measurements together and then read back the results all at one. For instance, you can send the commands: read:<measurement1>?;read:<measurment2>?;read:<measurement3>? Then you can read back all of the results at once.
8) Use binary data format for reading back large trace data instead of using ASCII. This reduces the amount of data returned.
9) Use USB or LAN instead of GPIB, sine GPIB is slower for large data transfers.
Show 0 Likes
Retrieving data ...
Thinking how to get money off Cash App without card and without net? Call customer care.
how to simulate the large siganl loop gain
Contact Facebook if you have problem getting a code for account activation?
Power calibration with use of receiver "A"
Importing EMPro circuit component definition from ADS