AnsweredAssumed Answered

VBA not finding proper libraries?

Question asked by crazie on Apr 25, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2011 by crazie
Hello,

I'm writing a program to connect and download traces from a E4407B (Or any analyzer for that matter).  The problem I'm running into is that VBA (Excel) is having issues with any instrument commands.  I can run commands via the Agilent I/O Connection Expert, Matlab and I can use the Intuilink toolbar to pull data.  However, anytime I use VBA, I get this:

"
Error: A code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded
"

After doing some research on the net, everyone who had this issue seemed to be able to correct the issue by simply reloading the libraries.  This has not worked with me, and I reloaded both the NI VISA and the Agilent IO Libraries (using Agilent VISA as secondary).

I have imported the visa32.bas module, and have added the VISA COM 3.0 Type Library to "References".  I did find some documentation that mentioned adding the VISA COM 1.0 Type Library as well, but it is not listed as such in VBA.

If there is anything I'm missing, or more info I need to provide, please let me know.  I've tried adding different VBA modules for the VISA libraries and I've tried adding different References with no success.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

System Info:
WinXP Pro 32bit
Agilent IO Libraries 16.0
NI VISA 5.0.3

-Anthony  

Outcomes