to create and rate content, and to follow, bookmark, and share content with other members.
Question asked by
on Feb 13, 2007
on Feb 13, 2007 by JohnDorighi
Show 0 Likes
What setup parameters do I need to use for the best PMD measurement results with the 86038A?
No one else has this question
Mark as assumed answered
This content has been marked as final.
Show 1 comment
(Required, will not be published)
Feb 13, 2007 7:02 AM
The 86038A measured DGD and PMD by scanning polarization at fixed wavelength steps. This was not as fast as the 86038B which now uses matrix analysis of measurements at only 4 or optionally 6 polarization states, which can also be performed during continuous wavelength sweeps and is much faster.
For the 86038A, the following settings are recommended.
1) For DGD/PDL measurements, always use 70Hz IFBW which matches the scan rate well.
2) Use at least 201 samples to get a reasonable coverage of the Poincare sphere.
3) Use "phase dynamic accuracy", PDA, in the normalization to compensate noise effects at higher attenuation levels.
4) Use a high modulation frequency for lower GD noise, if the needed wavelength resolution allows.
5) To be on the same side, make sure they are using the latest SW, V3.3.
6) The real-time monitor can be used to see if the GD at fixed wavelength is stable. If it is drifting due to temperature, this will increase the apparent DGD, especially if longer measurements, like 801 samples are used.
Show 0 Likes
Retrieving data ...
New vs. Old IO Libraries Questions.
SCPI 34970A Connection Exception
AEL in ADS 2012.08 (New User to AEL)
# Query for E4433B ESG-D Series signal generator regarding 2GFSK.OQPSK Signal generation
Keysight IO Libraries 2018 Suite cause hanging on Windows 10?