AnsweredAssumed Answered

E4448A w/ new opt 233 upgrade - need help

Question asked by Scott on Dec 13, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2010 by Scott
I purchased option 233, "Measuring Receiver" upgrade package for my 50 GHz E4448A PSA.
This PSA is also being used in my signal generator calibration station that uses Agilent N7800A Test Management Environment (TME) Software.
In addition to the option 233, we also purchased the 1911A power meter, as well as the N5532B Sensor module.
Part of this upgrade package also included option 123 (switchable uW preselector bypass)

While using the N7800A Test Management Environment (TME) software for modulation measurments the new option 233 seems to work fine within the PSA.
However, attempting to use the "Measuring Receiver" option manually, using a downloaded version 01.01.20 of the N5530S Measuring Receiver software, the software begins to initialize, but does not recognise the E4448A PSA or the 1911A power meter. I did not recieve a software disc with my option upgrade package, that is why I downloaded this version from the Agilent websit.
I need to escallate this problem to Agilent because I'm not sure what to do at this point.
My local sales rep said I need to escalate this problem directly to Agilent.
Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance...Scott  

Outcomes