AnsweredAssumed Answered

Capturing data from a HP54522A using the USB/GPIB cable

Question asked by bambbrose on Apr 12, 2009
Latest reply on May 28, 2009 by dnt
I have an older HP54522A O-scope that I'm trying to obtain the data from for an experiment.  I'd like to export the data to a text file or similar.
I'm using a laptop with Windows XP. 

I purchased the Agilent 82357B USB/GPIB interface cable to allow the physical connection between the scope and the laptop.  I've installed I/O Suite and set up the connection in the Agilent Connection Expert program.  The connection is set up properly as far as I can tell.  I can open Interactive I/O and "send & read" will return the name, model, serial number, firmware, etc.

So here is where I need some help.  I'm a complete beginner when it comes to programming, so please try to describe any steps in detail.

I'm hoping capture the following data from the scope:
-Time averaged waveform
-Timebase parameters
-Vertical scale parameters
-averaging parameters

I have the entire Labview Professional software package at my disposal, but I haven't the slightest clue on how to get this information into a text file.  I've opened Labview's "Instrument I/O Read and Display GPIB" VI template and tried going through that route, but it doesn't list the scope on the drop down menu as one of the connected instruments.  I'm guessing this is because of the way it comes through the USB instead of through a traditional Serial or GPIB connector.

Does anybody have any links to a guide that would explain the steps required to get this set up and functioning?  I have a deadline of May 1st to have this ready.  I'm completely fine with putting in many hours to figure it out, but I need to know where to start and what steps to take.  I could spend days and days searching through help files and not find what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!  

Outcomes