to create and rate content, and to follow, bookmark, and share content with other members.
Question asked by
on Jul 8, 2011
on Jul 13, 2011 by tabbott
Show 0 Likes
After installing XSA software (8.0.3) on my N9010A. I got the fallowing to errors any tips ?
No one else has this question
Mark as assumed answered
This content has been marked as final.
Show 1 comment
(Required, will not be published)
Jul 13, 2011 12:06 PM
The cause of the “Secure Storage has not been initialized…” error message has been narrowed down to an incorrect SMBus Controller driver. The correct driver is supposed to be installed by the installer for XSA_Installer_A.08.03.exe, but the installation occurs too late in the process to be useful.
The workaround is to update the driver before executing XSA_Installer_A.08.03.exe.
The files to update the driver are attached.
Here is how to update the SMBus Controller Driver:
1. Download AgtSMBusIch.zip to USB memory device
2. Connect external USB keyboard and mouse to analyzer
3. Insert USB memory device in one of the available USB ports on the analyzer
4. Log out of the default user (instrument) by selecting Start -> Log Off -> Log Off. If the Start button does not appear, press the File hardkey on the analyzer, select the Exit softkey, then select OK. The desktop will now appear and the Start button will be accessible to choose Log Off.
5. At the login prompt enter:
• User name: administrator
• Password: agilent4u
6. Right-click on Start and select Explore. Navigate to the USB memory device.
7. Click on the AgtSMBusIch.zip file
8. Copy the AgtSMBusIch folder to the Desktop
9. Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System
10. Select the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager box
11. Click on the “+” next to System Devices to expand that selection
12. Click on “Intel 82801DB/DBM SMBus Controller”
13. Select the Driver tab and click the Update Driver box
14. In the Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard dialog box, select “No, not at this time” and click Next
15. Select “Install from a list or a specific location (Advanced)” and click Next
16. Select “Don’t search; I will choose the driver to install” and click Next
17. On the next screen, if there are several entries for “Intel 82801DB/DBM SMBus Controller”, select the top-most entry and click Have Disk.
18. Click Browse and navigate to the AgtSMBusIch folder on the Desktop. The AgtSMBusIch.inf file should be highlighted. Click Open. Click OK.
19. Click Next to start the update process.
20. When the update is completed, click Finish.
21. Click Start -> Shutdown -> Restart and wait for the analyzer to restart.
22. If a dialog box appears indicating that the LaunchXSA application has to close, it will be necessary to uninstall and re-install the XSA application. You will not need to re-install Service Pack 3 if it is already installed.
Please let us know if you have any difficulties performing this procedure.
Show 0 Likes
Retrieving data ...
vrf User Changeable parameters
how to simulate the large siganl loop gain
Executing and sending commands to console program
U1733C LCR Meter flashing error
Calibration of path involving 50 db attenuator through PNA 5242A.