AnsweredAssumed Answered

35670A DataLink problem

Question asked by KPDixon on Jan 20, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 by KPDixon
We recently got a new 35670A DSA and we are experiencing some trouble getting the DataLink software to work.  I found an old forum post with the same problem that went unresolved, I was wondering if anyone had any clues this time around.  Below is a link to the old post and its contents...

view topic

"I recently installed the Agilent 35670A DataLink application on a Windows XP machine which also has Agilent's I/O library. I use this machine with the 82357 USB-GPIB interface. I have other programs on the machine that use the I/O to communicate with other analyzers [e.g. ESA, VSA]

The DataLink application runs and discovers my 35670 just fine. The 35670 has the latest firmware [00.30] and the Instrument Basic option. When I ask the DataLink app to find the files on the 35670A it loads a basic program onto the instrument and executes the program. The program starts out like this:

10 Mass storage is "!INTERNAL"
20 Let File$=AgtDirL"
30 DIM DIR$(1:81)[80]
40 CAT "" TO DIR$(*)
several more line follow

This tells me the connection is working but when I ask for the listing of files - and the program executes - there are several errors displayed on the 35670A and nothing ever shows up in the files box on the PC.

The errors look like:

File name is undefined
Error 2 in 60 Memory overfolow
Error 80 in 40

It seems illogical that the program code is incompatible with the instrument. Is there some configuration setting that must be made on the 35670A?"  

Outcomes