AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Linking" Component values?

Question asked by zcrane on Nov 21, 2009
Hi all,
I am a student at the University of Tennessee Knoxville, very very new to ADS, and I'm trying to figure out how to do something extremely simple (I'm sure) for an experienced ADS user, but that is not me :-P.

I'm designing a feed network for a square, 4 patch, 2-4 GHz antenna array, and am required to use ADS to do it.

I want to take advantage of the symmetry of all the different parts (impedance transformers, combiners, etc) by creating a variable, assigning that to a transmission line length or width, and thus being to edit and optimize all of the equivalent parameters simultaneously.

For instance, I know that all of the quarter-wave transformers which directly feed the patches will need to be the same length and width. I would like to create one variable for the length, 1 for the width, and assign it to all 4 transformers.

I've been working on this for about 14 hours now, and feel incredibly stupid for not being able to figure it out, but there it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Zack  

Outcomes