AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADS RF Budget Simulation Strange Error

Question asked by palumr on Jun 30, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2010 by chard
I am having a very strange problem with my ADS RF Budget simulation. I have a schematic with 12 'Amplifier2' components in it, each having different gains and parameters. When I run the simulation, I intermittently get an error that says "Cannot create the P2D file named <component name>.p2d".

The .p2d file is is talking about is the p2d file that the Budget simulation creates for every iteration in its nonlinear analysis. Furthermore, if I disable the nonlinear analysis of the simulation, the problem goes away. These p2d files are all saved in the 'data' directory of my project folder, which is fully write-accessible.

The even stranger part is that if I try to run the simulation 10 times consecutively without changing any parameters (just clicking the simulate button over and over again), the simulation actually completes successfully maybe 10% of the time. The other 90% of the time, random other components show up in the error log.

Any help out there? I've already spoken to people in my company, called your support line, and no one seems to be able to solve this problem for me.  

Outcomes