AnsweredAssumed Answered

Programmatically obtaining the UserFunction name in VEE

Question asked by Udaybn on Jan 22, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2008 by Udaybn
I understand that this forum is related to scopes but, I did not find any forum for VEE here. Hence, I am posting my request here.

I was wondering if it is possible to programmatically obtain the UserFunction being currently executed within VEE.  That is, if I am executing a function called "test_fn", I should be able to use some sort of formula object that generates "test_fn" as output string.

I thought this should be possible since we can generate ShowPanel() from the function's object menu.  So, VEE knows the name of the function being executed (however, it can not keep track of the name if I change that after I generate ShowPanel()).

Another question is whether I can dump the call stack if an error occurs.  We can definitely view the call stack but, I want to dump it in the program so that debugging becomes easy.  I am aware of "Show Execution Flow" and "Show Data Flow" but, I am looking for an automatic solution.

What I am describing is something we usually see in Tcl or Python etc.  The entire call stack is dumped if and when an error occurs.

I appreciate if any of you can help me with this.

Uday  

Outcomes