AnsweredAssumed Answered

Infiniium DSO 81204 Channels / remote?

Question asked by nuki on Oct 11, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 by nuki
Hello everybody,

as i`ve been looking around this forum for a while already and did not find a matching topic for my problem, i decided to post it. So maybe someone can give me a hint to solve my problem(s).

Here it goes:

I`m using an Agilent Infiniium Oscilloscope of Type DSO 81204B. 4-Channel Oscilloscope.
For some days i see some Offset when giving input to Channel 1. So for example i generate a 3GHz sine-signal with my Sweep signal generator. When handing it in on channel 1 the amplitude is different to the waveforms i get out on channel 2,3 or 4.
For better comparing i used a Powersplitter and sent the signal to 2 channels at the same time. Same problem as before: Waveform measured at Channel 1 is always a bit shifted in y-axis and looks attenuated, no matter what channel i compare it to.
So now i dont see how to solve this, if anyone could give me a hint i`d be thankful.

Now i was trying to trick my problem a bit, to continue work.

Since i only need 2 of the 4 channels of the Oscilloscope, i decided to measure the waves via Channelcombinations 2 and 3 or 2 and 4. For manual measurements i succeed in this but when i want to measure it remotely i`m facing new problems.

I use the Agilent 89600 VSA Tool at my computer and controll it with matlab. But i can not find a command to change measurement channels of the oscilloscope from 1 & 3 to 2 & 3 or 2 & 4. I tried to find something in the application notes, but failed miserably. So if there is a command or a setting to adjust... just teach me a lesson.

Thanks  

Outcomes