AnsweredAssumed Answered

UtaHwModDeclareParm and UtaHwModDeclarePrivateParm

Question asked by rene.campos@continental-corporation.com on Feb 1, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 by salochoa
Hello,
I am (re)writing a handler in MS Visual C++ 6.0 for some specific cards. I used to have all the parameters available for all cards, even though it didn't apply for an specific card. I used the msginst.dll approach of using a Dialog Box to select the type of card prior the definition of Parameters, and now I have only the ones I need.
In order for the init and the rest of the function to work, I need to know which type of card it is and act accordingly. I found the UtaHwModDeclarePrivateParm so I can fill this up whenever the user selects the type of card when registering. Documentation shows that this function works just as UtaHwModDeclareParm but its hidden to the user in the topology editor.
If I declare any parm with the Private one, the Parm will not be found through UtaPbGetString.
I wonder if there are special functions that have to be called to read Parms that are declared Private, or there is something I am doing wrong, or that is not the use for the UtaHwModDeclarePrivateParm function, or its just broken in the UTA version I have?

uta.h ver 1.92
UtaCore.h ver 1.116

PS I compared the uta.h version from txsl 4, 5 6 and 7, they all have the same version number although the length is different, also the .lib for utacore has different sizes among the 4 versions.  

Outcomes