AnsweredAssumed Answered

Data-Based SOLT Cal Kit on E8358A

Question asked by PavleM on Dec 5, 2007
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2008 by PavleM
Hello,

I have a problem with defining a custom data-based SOLT cal kit for calibrating the E8358A PNA.

I have first measured the standards and saved their responses in Citifiles. Then I modified the Citifiles using the instructions at http://na.tm.agilent.com/pna/dbcal.html and saved the files with .DAT extensions. When defining the new cal kit, the Add Data Based Standard dialog's File Information messages seemed OK, recognizing Freq, S[1,1] and U[1,1] arrays and their sizes.

Next, I performed a guided 1-port calibration using this new kit, with the same range and # of points as I used when measuring standards. The procedure ended with no error or warning messages.

However, after calibration there's no data shown on PNA's screen, and placing a marker at any freq gives a value of #QNAN dB. Also, Cal Set Viewer shows the three Error Terms (Directivity(1,1), Refl.Tracking(1,1) and Src.Match(1,1)) as #QNAN at all freqs, and shows no items in the Standards drop-down list.

In Modify Cal Kit, when I click on any of the standards I have defined, their file info box is blank - does that mean that the files have not been loaded at all?

Apart from the standards being data-based, I couldn't see any difference in my cal kit definition and e.g. 85052D (a comparable one). I have saved both .STA file and .CKT file, however they are in binary format, so I can't examine them in more detail.

Any help on debugging this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Pavle Milosevic
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  

Outcomes