AnsweredAssumed Answered

Computing Offset Loss

Question asked by WallyGator53 on Nov 15, 2006
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2006 by daveb
Greetings,

I have a Wiltron (Anritsu) VNA Type N Calibration Kit, Model 3653 and am trying to derive the calibration coefficients that will work in the HP/Agilent VNA Standard Definition table.

Wiltron provides an offset length, 20.3700 mm, and the C0 . . . C3 and L0 . . . L3 values. The C and L values are in the proper terms for the table but I have to compute the values for Offset Delay and Offset Loss using the physical length given by Wiltron. I understand the equation for the offset delay and have computed a value that appears resonable; 6.7969E-11.

Unfortunately, I don't understand the operations / variables involved in the offset loss equation. I understand that I need to know the dielectric constant or the velocity factor of the transmission line in the standards. A visual check indicates that the dielectric is air. Even so I am stumped.

I have been working out of various HP / Agilent manuals and Ap Notes and have found Ap Note 1287-11 most helpful. Also, the Agilent Technical Contact Center has given me some guidance via email.

Anyone willing to help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Wally Rice
Environ Laboratories LLC
Minneapolis, MN  

Outcomes