AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does :FETC:CHP:CHP? not work on E4404B

Question asked by jan on Jan 27, 2010
Latest reply on May 14, 2010 by mukta2008
I am working on a VB code to fetch data (channel power) values from a E4404B via the GPIB interface.
When using :MEAS:CHP:CHP? values can be read, but with parameter values I did not provide.
According the manual the factory defaults will be used, but on the screen different parameter values appear.
When using :READ:CHP:CHP? values can also be read, but again with parameters which I did not provide by configuration commands.
According the manual the configurated parmeters should be used, but on the screen the same parameter values show as when doing :MEAS:CHP:CHP?.
When using :FETC:CHP:CHP? after a measurement was inititated by :INIT:IMM and time was granted to finish the measurement by doing an *OPC?, the E4404B comes with a SYSTEM ERROR message in the bottom left corner of the screen.
It seem that the fetch command is not recognized.

Any thoughts on this issue?
Are there any extra parameters that need to be set when gathering channel power values via the fetch command?
Does anyone know a good set of commands to do a channel power measurement when using the read command?

Greetings,
Jan  

Outcomes