AnsweredAssumed Answered

low level access to memory and traces for DSO80000

Question asked by andrea.mariscotti on Aug 18, 2009
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 by dnt
Hallo,
my questions starts from a higher-level problem: the use of the oscilloscope for EMC measurements, that is the possibility of applying different detectors (in particular the quasi-peak) and time constraints 8such as dwell time specification), after the FFT computation on time domain data.

Ok, apart from what I have seen (so quickly, to be honest) on the Programmer's Guide, that - if I have understood well - describes programming commands through LAN and GPIB interfaces only,
I'm wondering if it is possible to run a short C program, or a Matlab script or whatever, that has somehow access to the scope internal memory to speed up computations.
I'm just guessing... either a direct access by means of pointers (dangerous, but nothing unrecoverable), or a copy-to function that gives an image of the possibly reserved memory segment on a shared memory area.

I'm saying so, since I have already installed the 89600 software, that looks great, but maybe I won't have all those "degrees of freedom" to experiment a little, such as the above mentioned detectors and dwell time possibilities and also time-frequency transformations.

thanks for your attention through this lengthy considerations and for your kind help throughout this forum

best regards
andrea  

Outcomes