AnsweredAssumed Answered

Suggestion(s) for the next firmware upgrade...

Question asked by Coris on Dec 25, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2012 by Coris
My suggestion here is not a very important one, but maybe in this thread will come another which will (maybe) be taken in to consideration by Agilent (oscilloscopes department), in the firmware upgrading process.

I refer here to a more "cosmetic" improvement for the next firmware (Infiniivision 2000 and maybe the rest). It is about the first screen one get just after booting his unit. It is indicate in the first "welcome" screen, where is the front panel (where are the buttons...) and how one have to chose the language and so on...
To get rid of this, the user have to press the "back" button each time he start the scope. This operation is really unnecessary!
If one feel the need to change the language of the texts (I think the important part of the scope are the figures...), then one can very well do this in the appropriate option setup screen of the unit. Else, where are the buttons and the knobs, is quite evident...
I just think that is more comfortable to have the unit after boot just with the (last used or a default) measurement screen, ready for work with it. It could be nice if Agilent can remove this first screen option after boot...  

Outcomes