AnsweredAssumed Answered

HD backup, DSO81004A

Question asked by Jacek on Aug 7, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2008 by Jacek
Hello,

I am working and collecting my first experiences with the Agilent DSO81004A. I want to use Matlab (with Instrument Control Toolbox) to read out data from the scope via LAN. I have installed IO Libraries Suite 15.0 on my PC. Unfortunately the LAN connection does not work. Agilent Connection Expert can not detect my instrument. Software on the PC works fine because it is possible to communicate with other instruments.
My co-workers had problems with it too and at that time even a person from Agilent support team couldn’t fix this problem. My colleagues used to use GPIB and some MEX Files (C-Code) with Matlab to communicate with the scope. I prefer LAN but I am afraid that if I make too many changes with the scopes software than nothing will work properly. That is why I want to make a HD backup. I have some questions on that issue:
- Is it possible to clone the HD from the scope or are there some specific limitations? This way I could test updated software with a copy of the original operating system.
- IS it possible to install a new operating system on a formatted HD and use it with the scope? Do I need some specific drivers, which can’t be downloaded from the Agilent web site?

I would be delighted if you could give me some hints.

Yours sincerely  

Outcomes