AnsweredAssumed Answered

DSO5014A cannot be detected after some time

Question asked by waterghost4 on Feb 15, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 8, 2009 by dnt
Dear all,

I am experiencing a GPIB problem with the Agilent oscilloscope DSO5014A (and sometimes with the Agilent multimeter 34401A).
My system is connected to 7 standard equpments which is controlled by GPIB. 2 of the instruments is DSO5014A and 34401A.

The problem is that when I power on the system and start testing, everything is ok.
But after some time, my VB program would hang and when I used the Agilent Connection Expert to check, I found that the oscilloscope (or sometimes multimeter) could not be detected. When this happend, I have to manually power off the oscilloscope (or the multimeter) and then power on the oscilloscope (or multimeter) again, before testing can resume. I do not have such problems with the other standard equipments that is in use with this system.

I have tried changing the Agilent oscilloscope DSO5014A to Tektronix TDS3014C and there is no problems.
I have also tried changing the GPIB cables but the problem still persists.
I am using a GPIB card from ADlink and the datasheet is as per attached.
I have consulted the ADlink engineer and he said that there is no incompatibility issue between the GPIB card and Agilent equipment.

Does anyone have a similar experience or any advise? 

Thanks & Regards  

Attachments

Outcomes