AnsweredAssumed Answered

PC and E5071A Communication Problem

Question asked by xavier on May 27, 2010
Latest reply on May 28, 2010 by odanzy
Dear All;

I am new on the forum and on VNA remote control. I have being trying to control an E5071A network analyser through a PC via LAN connection. I have installed on my PC:
- Agilent IO Libraries Suite 15.1
- Agilent IntuiLink ENA
- Visual basic 6
PC specification: : Windows XP - SP3,  Pentium Dual-Core @ 2.5GHz,  2G RAM.

I have connected both the PC and VNA to a network switch (as I don't have crossover cable for direct connection) and assigned to the VNA the IP: 192.168.0.3 and my PC IP: 192.168.0.3 .

The "Agilent connection Expert" is able to connect to the VNA, I can also send command and see the response through the "Agilent Interactive IO".  The assigned VISA address: TCPIPO::E507X::5025::SOCKET 
I have been trying to run the supplied VB6 example programs from the " Agilent IO Libraries Suite 15.1" and "Agilent IntuiLink ENA" but it give me an error always, although I put the VISA address of the instrument. I have read the VNA programming guide and user manual but I still cannot figure out what the problem might be.
I have also tried one of the forum examples written by “Odanzy”, (This example uses VISA COM to read Real32 and Real64 data from the ENA Series) I still unable to communicate with the VNA through VB6.  I don't know if I have to include certain file or module in order to communicate.

I would appreciate any suggestion and help in solving this.  Thanks in advance.

Regards

Xavier  

Outcomes