AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help on On-wafer TRL Calibration process using Agilen E8361A

Question asked by Pinak on Sep 24, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2010 by odanzy
Hello,

I am measuring 2 port S21 using CPW for Freq ramge (1GHz to 20 GHz). I have an On wafer TRL calibration kit which has Open, Thru and 5 Lines of different lengths for different Freq range calibration (1 to 1.8 GHz, 1.8 to 3.24GHz, 3.24 to 5.8GHz, 5.8 to 10.5 GHz and 10.5 to 18.9 GHz).  I could use HP8510 and WinCAL software for calibration and measurement. But it seems HP8510 is not giving me correct result. So I am trying to use Agilent E8361A VNA for my measurement. But I am not sure how to enter the 5 Line standards into the VNA during the TRL calibration in E8361A. The TRL calibration steps in this VNA shows only one choice for line calibration but I have 5 different lines for various freq range calibration.

So How Do I use the 5 lines to calibrate for all frequencies using this VNA. Where to enter the line numbers or Freq ranges so that the VNA asks me to use each of the lines as the HP8510/WINCAL s/w does.

Please help. I will appreciate an early reply as I have to finish my measurement for a conference.

Thanks in advance for your time.  

Outcomes