AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question on cal'ing a range of frequencies to work within

Question asked by EXPY on Mar 30, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 by RayH
Hello, this is my first post.

It's been about 12 years since I last tried to cal an 8510B NWA using an 85052B kit.

My question is:

When I, say, do a 2 port cal of a span from 45 mHz to 5 gHz and save it to a cal set position, as soon as I change the span or CF within the range of frequencies, the cal set turns off and I'm back to an uncal'd environment.

What I'd like to be able to do is save a modestly accurate cal for a given span as mentioned above and work --within-- [varying span and CF] that frequency range to look at S11, S21, etc, with roughly a 30 dB return loss for S11 and S22. Right now the 8510 is powering up with a RL of between 15 and 40 dB depending on the frequency tuned to.

High accuracy isn't necessary for my present application.

Having no manuals except what I can find on the Agilent site, I haven't been able to resolve this issue.

I don't have cal tapes for the 8515B test set [if there is such an animal] and probably not for the 8510 as well.

Is there any way I can do a cal across a band so I can use the center frequency and the span controls and have the NWA a little more accurate than the default power up of the equipment?

I hope I've asked my question adequately. Thank you in advance.  

Outcomes