AnsweredAssumed Answered

LRRM Cal

Question asked by AgilentModerator on Feb 23, 2006
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2006 by AgilentModerator
Dear all,
I made a demo with Cascade S300 prober on SOI wafers. I had heard about the LRRM for many years by reading IEEE MTT articles or looking at Cascade presentations but it was my first time of practice with this prober and Wincal 3.2.
One of the most amazing result is Cascade succeeded in showing 0.1dB of uncertainty up to 110GHz after a LRRM cal on ISS substrate.
This 0.1dB is meaningful because our microelectronics customer seems to get a lot of requests of test at this level of uncertainty. And this is a big deal for them to guarantee that level.

What my microelectronics customers desire the most is speed, accuracy and repeatibility. What the PNA 110GHz showed during this 3-day demo is its stability in the room devoted to DUT characterization so that Cascade succeeded in showing how stable the cal was over the day. Very important to be able to maintain cal as long as possible, especially in semi-automated test to reduce the time of test.

I have a stupid question related to the LRRM: is it possible to migrate and to adapt this LRRM technique towards a coaxial environment? 
I ask that because this cal seems to be better up to 110GHz than the TRL, SOLR, SOLT techniques (on wafer). I believe Leonard Hayden from Cascade wrote a paper publised in IEEE MTT 2002.

Best regards
Toulouse
FRANCE
marco_toulouse  

Outcomes