AnsweredAssumed Answered

Frequency Algorithm for TDR LOW PASS

Question asked by SOLT_guy on Nov 27, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 by SOLT_guy
Dear Sir:

I own a 8753C network analyzer (NA) and I want to output frequency data that corresponds to my calibration data.  I am obtaining my data through GPIB, IEEE 488, cable and card, not through a compatible hard drive specifically specified for my NA.

The programming examples I have read from various NA manuals rely upon computational algorithms to calculate NA frequencies as opposed to outputting the frequency data directly.    The programmer must match the frequency data to the NA data which is output (the NA does not output frequency data directly).  For example, the OUTPCALC command does not output frequency data that is matched to the calibration data. 

I am using my NA set to TDR LOW PASS frequency sets (Time Domain Low Pass = [SET FREQ LOW PASS] enabled ).  Time domain low pass frequencies are harmonically related.   When the  [SET FREQ LOW PASS] key is enabled,  the NA chooses the start and stop frequencies.   I would like to know if someone can set forth the computational algorithm with a numerical example.   I need to know how to calculate the start frequency and stop frequency.

I have enclosed a .bmp file that shows the LIST values of my NA when TDR LOW PASS is enabled.    The files shows the start frequency at 14.925373 MHz and the next frequency is 29.850746 MHz.    Can you show me how these frequencies came about through symbolic equation and then numerical example (my NA frequency range is 300KHz to 3 GHz)?  

Outcomes