we have setup a usb vector analyzer device ( P9372A) on a pc system with the following details.
- Windows 10 64bit operating system
- Keysight IO Libraries version 18.1.24715.0
- IVI driver for Keysight Network Analyzers, 184.108.40.206, 32/64-bit, IVI-C/IVI-COM
- IVI.NET Driver for KtPUsbChassis, 0.1.36, 32/64-bit, IVI.NET
- IVI-C Driver for KtPUsbChassis, 0.1.36.0, 32/64-bit, IVI-C
We are using a C# application where we try to initialize the ivi driver and setup a connection with the instrument.
Bellow you can see how the instruments are detected in connection expert.
The code uses the following lines to initialize the driver instance.:
Agilent.AgNA.Interop.AgNA driver = new Agilent.AgNA.Interop.AgNA();
driver.Initialize("PXI10::CHASSIS1::SLOT1::INDEX0::INSTR", true, true, "");
When i try to initialize the driver, i get this error message :
AgNA: Unknown resource.
Resource descriptor = PXI10::CHASSIS1::SLOT1::INDEX0::INSTR.
To solve this, i need to manually turn off/turn on back the instrument again.
Why is this?
If i establish a connection everything works, until i close the driver instance.
If after some time i want to create a new instance of the driver, i get the error from above.
Is this a normal behaviour?
Everytime i want to call the driver instance i need to do power cycle to the instrument?
The same problem appears when i try to open the Soft Panel from connection expert.