AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is the enhanced response cal the proper calibration method for my scenario, and if so, why are my SCPI commands giving me errors?

Question asked by Bryant on Sep 16, 2019

I am using LabVIEW (2012) to automate some testing with a FieldFox N9916A.  My FieldFox does not have the full 2-port option; I have the ability to measure S11 and S21.  After reading through the programming manual several times, I am convinced that I need to be doing a forward 2-port enhanced response cal.  We have been doing this testing manually for a while and the steps we use to calibrate manually are the same as those in the enhanced response cal method.  Attached is a screenshot of the cal code I am using.  The code is being plugged line by line into a development panel my team has put together.  We are confident that the issue does not lie within the development coding.  Below are the errors/issues I am running into.

• It seems to be doing everything relative to port 2, despite me not having that option AND despite me calling out the forward method with command "CORR:COLL:METH:ERES 1,2."  On each of my first three step prompts (open, short, load), it prompts me to connect these attachments to port 2.
    • If I reverse the genders of the connectors (make port 1 female and port 2 male), it prompts me to connect the attachments to the correct port, port 1, but then I get an error when I try to take the first measurement.  The error I get is "Error 219, an error has occurred during calibration; KeyNotFoundException."
  • When I run the "measure thru" command, I get an error.  The error I get is "Error 219, an error has occurred during calibration; KeyNotFoundException."
  • The commands that the FieldFox does accept, don't appear to be actually doing anything.  We have tried hooking the FieldFox up to a Spectrum Analyzer, and we don't see any activity during the calibration steps even when the FieldFox accepts commands.

Am I using the right calibration method or should I be using a different method?  If I am using the right method, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Outcomes