AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best Network Analyzer Tool (for the money)

Question asked by gilbertjobs on Sep 18, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2019 by algoss

Backstory: I have previously worked where there is access to Flukes pretty regularly. The current job, which I've been at for a couple years, does not have access to virtually any testing or analyzer tools. This makes life far less enjoyable, when a simple testing device could save so much headache. Add to that, I recently started moonlighting as a SMB MSP with a partner. Neither my day job, nor my business have tons of capital to spare, otherwise we would just buy the flukes.

I have searched the forum, and basically all the threads are 2-3 years old at this point. I figure much can happen in that time, so I am looking for recommendations here. We would want it to have CDP/LLDP, toning, IPerf would be awesome, basic reporting, Packet Capture and traffic would be even better.

The cheap low cost tools I have found thus far: Pockethernet - likely the one we will go with unless hear otherwise. shipping out of Europe only is kind of annoying, but I understand they are a smaller company. that also worries me as I don't want an orphaned product eventually

Outcomes