AnsweredAssumed Answered

HP 8595E option 140 not listed after memory battery replacement and tracking generator

Question asked by highroller on Jun 26, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2019 by highroller

Question 1 : I replaced the memory battery in my HP8595E and I lost the correction constant and options 105 and 140. I retrieved the correction constant from a backup and I did get back a fully functionning option 105 from tips found on the forum about using the "Service Cal, Flatness data, top unlabeled softkey" procedure. I now have option 105 activated but I don't see option 140 in the option list. I don't remember if option 140 was shown in this list before the battery replacement so I'm wondering if option 140 must be activate and how I can see if it is there ??? Is there is a similar way to activate option 140 from the service cal menu (maybe with the second unlabeled softkey ???).

Question 2 : What parts I would need to buy to have the tracking generator option in my 8595E analyzer. I saw a tracking generator module and a tracking generator controller card listed on Ebay. Other than the connectors and coax, does it need other components or new firmware to work ? Can it be activated from the cal menu ? I have an option slot left in my analyzer. I'm curious.

Thanks for your help !

Outcomes