AnsweredAssumed Answered

Agilent.TMFramework missing after IOLibSuite Install

Question asked by adamj537 on Dec 21, 2018

I am developing a C# program to interface with a Keysight 34972A Data Acquisition system, and am having trouble finding documentation and the necessary DLLs.  The 34970A/34972A Programmer's Reference Help describes the SCPI commands adequately.  Then I found several  SCPI Instrument Visual C# Code Samples that demonstrate how to set up the GPIB over USB.  However, they rely on two assemblies which I can't seem to locate.

The assemblies I need are:

Agilent.TMFramework

Agilent.TMFramework.InstrumentIO

Installing Keysight's IO Libraries Suite gave me access to Agilent.TMFramework.InstrumentIO.VisaInterop and Agilent.TMFramework.InternalUtils.WinForms, but the two listed above are still missing.  Also, I found this thread, where someone has a similar problem, but some of the links are outdated and there's no explicit solution.  Like the author of that post, I seem to have missed a download.

Is there a guide that describes how to use VISA and GPIB over USB?  Also, is the Agilent framework necessary, or is there a different method I can use to send the SCPI commands without using external references?

Thanks,

Adam J.

Outcomes