AnsweredAssumed Answered

3458A AC Adjustment with 5700A

Question asked by PTCAL on Nov 27, 2018

I there.

I have a 3458A multimeter that we have repaired, after some errors showing on the display caused by the Dallas NVRAMs and Multislope Rundown and ADC Errors and so on. We switched the 2 dalas NVrams and the one thats has stored the calibration references data.

Now we are trying to store again the reference data, folowing the 3458A calibration manual, using 10V standard Cell, 10K standard resistance, and AC adjustment using a signal generator and thermal voltage converters. All this went fine and the multimeter is back again working.

My question is can I use one the fluke 5700/5720 that we have to Make the AC Adjustment instead of using a signal generator and thermal converters of 3V,1V, 05V?

I read on the 5700A manual " The Fluke rms sensor is similar in principle to the traditional thermal voltage converter, but has a shorter time constant, virtually no reversal error, higher signal-to-noise ratio, and better frequency response.". Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how to do it or guide me to some documentation?

Compliments

Luis

Outcomes