AnsweredAssumed Answered

B2900A

Question asked by bptsj on Sep 12, 2018

I have installed the latest QuickIV.4.1.1821.3680 on my Win 10 laptop for use with a B2912A SMU. I had this working on a Win 10 laptop a few weeks ago but the laptop had a hard drive failure so I needed to install on a new laptop.

The Quick iV software does not seem to recognize the B2912A is plugged in the USB port. When I have it search channels the software crashes.

Also, when I plug in the USB cable to my laptop no drivers are automatically loaded. I thought I use to see this happen on my original laptop. Do I need to install any drivers besides the Quick IV Measurement software?

edit_1:

When I attempt a measure command I get an error that indicates maybe a .net config is missing???

edit_2:

I found a fix to install .net 3.5 on Windows 10:  

Go into RegEdit and set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU    folder.  DoubleClick on UseWUServer(UseWindowsUpdateServer) and change the value to 0

Doing the regedit fix I can now install the library suite  IOLibSuite_18_1_23218.

But now when I run "search channels" in Quick IV and select USB I get a new error: 

Thanks,

Brian

Outcomes