AnsweredAssumed Answered

C & DCOM Transfer files from / to PNA with remote computer

Question asked by animal on Mar 19, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 by bhokkan
Hi,

I am curious if there is a way Agilent would recommend to transfer a file (one of the calibration file types for example) back and forth to the PNA via COM in C#.
I am aware it could be achieved by mapping drives and setting up shared folders etc but this requires a little too much setting up for my users... I am trying to keep a system that would allow them to simply swap out / move one instrument for another with minimal effort.

I have seen examples of how this could be achieved in SCPI (view topic)  but the rest of my app is constructed using COM and C#.

Thank you for your help.

*edit*
Also, just noticed that this codes errors when I have loaded into the PNA one of each measurement class.
foreach (AgilentPNA835x.IMeasurement10 meas in pna.Measurements)
    measNames.Add(meas.Name);

It seems this works for "Standard", "Gain Compression" and "Noise Figure Cold Source" but "Vector Mixer/Converter" and "Scalar Mixer/Converter" errors with:
Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'AgilentPNA835x.IMeasurement10'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{106E07A5-F2BA-4A4A-89A6-08C63A0A7D7B}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
Strange huhh

Outcomes