AnsweredAssumed Answered

PNA-X in DCOM: Fastest way to do S-params at list of freqs?

Question asked by dhfx on Apr 10, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2009 by dhfx
I am looking to program an N5242A PNA-X in DCOM via LAN, running LabWindows/CVI on the remote PC. What is the "proper" way to do all four calibration-corrected S-parameters at a list of specified and possibly unequally-spaced frequencies, with (this is important) minimum measurement time?

Can I do all four S-params in one channel? I would preconfigure the channel for segment scan, and load a segment table with each frequency in a different segment with one point per segment.

If the frequencies are the same as those in the cal file, can I use the cal file to set the test frequencies? And what is the procedure for specifying "corrected" S-parameters, given the cal file?

To do the measurement sweep, it looks like I want to set the channel up for manual trigger, then give a Channel.Single(true) command to trigger the whole sweep. The command blocks until the sweep is complete. Then I need to access the traces in order to read the data out. How do I do that?

Some sample code (preferably in C) would be very helpful. And if these sound too much like newbie-type questions or topics that have been covered elsewhere in these forums, my excuse is that I tried to search on "PNA-X" but the phpBB software seems to have a problem with searching on hyphenated terms (see my post in the "feedback" forum).

Needless to say, any help will be greatly appreciated.

David Friedman
Sr. Principal Engr.
Symtx, Inc.
Austin, TX  

Outcomes