AnsweredAssumed Answered

How are E5062A commands associated with 12 error terms?

Question asked by wjhlisa on Sep 17, 2008
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 by bhokkan
Hi, I’m a programmer without much RF knowledge.

We have an automation program which can calibrate 8753ES without connecting cal kit standards for each calibration. This means the program measures a cal kit standard for each calibration and save the raw data into the controller PC. After all standards are measured for each calibration, the program writes these standard measurements back to the network analyzer when performing calibration (i.e. virtual calibration without user interaction). I understand which 8753ES calibration command measures which error term. For example, after "FWDT" is executed during a 2-port calibration, the S21 Through measurement is send back to the instrument.

This works fine for 8753ES. However, I can’t figure out which E5062A calibration command measures which error term. For example, which Through measurement (S12, S21, S11 or S22 ?) should be written back to the instrument after ":SENS1:CORR:COLL:THRU 1,2" is executed during a 2-port calibration? If the command measures both forward transmission tracking and reverse load match, does this means that both Through S21 and S22 need to be send back to the instrument?

Thank you.
James  

Outcomes