AnsweredAssumed Answered

HP83732A calibration software?

Question asked by Staffan on May 29, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 by Metatron1967

Hello,

I just managed to repair a HP83732A signal generator (broken ALC loop) and the hardware seems to be working perfect! Setting up a correction table on a separate computer gives excellent frequency flatness so I'm really happy with that - and the instrument!

Unfortunately, the new detector in the ALC does not have the same response as the original one so all calibration is lost. I also dread the day that the internal cal table is lost totally.

I know there is a service and calibration software, but it doesn't seem to be available. Is there any chance of finding it - even after such long time since the unit went out of support?

I can probably not assemble all the necessary instruments for the calibration, but finding out the GPIB commands, I could probably find out the correction coefficients separately and then download to the instrument. This could also do for a backup of the current tables hopefully.

I found code for a similar instrument (8648) supporting instructions "PRODuction:SERVice:...", but this doesn't work on the 83732. As an alternative, would it be possible to find information regarding the available commands on the HP83732?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Staffan

Outcomes