AnsweredAssumed Answered

8757 support????

Question asked by Sloppy on Oct 27, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 by odanzy
Is there anybody left at HP/Agilent that can provide programming technical support for the 8757 scalar analyzer?

I posted a question here on Oct 22 and have yet to recieve any response from anyone, at Agilent or otherwise.

I understand the instrument is about to become obsolete, but there are tons of them out there and they are impressively reliable and continue to run and run and run and i suspect will continue to so for many years to come.

However, the apparent lack of tech support from HP, at least on this forum, is a bit of a disservice to loyal users like myself that have been using this instrument for, literally decades, and will continue to do so for many years to come.

Its a fine instrument that meets the needs of a whole lot of companies that simply don't need the capabilities of (and can't afford) the newer VNAs HP is proposing as a replacement. Particularly when you have about 100,000 lines of code running that depends on the 8757 instrument. Re-writes of that magnitude in conjunction with the much higher cost of the new VNAs can be a very very hard sell to management, given that the newer capabilities are simply not required.  

Outcomes