AnsweredAssumed Answered

85071E: NRW calculation algorithm

Question asked by AndréK. on Jul 23, 2008
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2008 by stoyan_ganchev
Hello,

I´m wondering why the material measurement software needs all four S-parameters for the Nicolson-Ross-Weir-algorithm. I calculated some values on my own with the common algorithm given in the literature and I only need two S-parameters. Does the software use the mean or what?
Another problem is that I often get other results. Probably it is because I have done something wrong, but I don´t find it. Perhaps the code of the software might help...

Something different: I could need some charts with permittivity/permeability over frequency for different materials for testing purposes. Can anybody give me a hint where to find such things? Especially some permeabilities would be interesting.

Thanks a lot!

André

[Update]
Now I got some measurement results where my calculations match the software´s. It seems that it also uses the mean of the two S-parameter pairs. I still get slightly different results for other measurements and I can´t figure out why, because I´m using the same methods for the measurement and the calculation. I´m wondering, if the software really is doing nothing "unusual"?  

Outcomes