AnsweredAssumed Answered

Increasing the amount of retrieved IQ Data from SA

Question asked by svanan77 on Mar 20, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 by svanan77

Hi All,

I am using N5182A MXG Signal Generator (SigGen) connected to a N9010A EXA Signal Analyzer  (SpecAn) connected using an attenuator.

When I input 512 points (IQ Data) to SigGen and reading the output IQ data at the SpecAn using ':READ:WAV0?' syntax in IQ Analyzer ('Basic') mode. I found it produces 120,001 points (IQ Data).

In another case, when I input 307,200 points (IQ Data) to SigGen and reading the output IQ data at the SpecAn. I found it still produces the same quantity of 120,001 points (IQ Data).

Question:

1. Is there a hardware limitation on N9010A EXA Signal Analyzer where it can only produce 120,001 points of IQ Data? Or it can be changed with tweaking any parameters? Like to have retrieve as many IQ data as possible. Increasing the value in `SWE:POIN <value>` is useful only in Spectrum Analyzer ('SA') mode.
  2. I found, increasing the timeout (10s by default) and the buffersize [currently set as a function of ((4 x SigGen_input_points) + 1024 header)] has no bearing on the number of points produced.

I am using the below manual as reference,

Refer:http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/N9060-90029.pdf 

Outcomes