AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pulsed high-power measurements calibration

Question asked by pezet on Jan 22, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2018 by pezet

I have questions regarding the calibration of the PNA-X N5242A for the pulsed high-power measurements (with external couplers and attenuators). The calibration consists of two steps: vector and power calibration. (Test port 1 - Input of the DUT, Test port 2, output of the DUT).

1. After the calibration, the PNA-X gives a power test port 2 even if I measure the S11. If I disable source (Stimulus-> Power->Power and attenuators-> State-> Off), I get a wrong results. When I perform 2-port calibration with source output disconnected, it also gives me wrong results of S11. How to disable source at test port 2?

2. I perform power calibration under CW conditions according to the application note "Active-Device Characterization in Pulsed Operation Using the PNA-X" (p.32). After the calibration I cannot set the output power levels higher than 30 dBm with booster amplifier. Is it possible to do this directly or should I make some "trick"?

3. Is it possible to perform vector and power calibration under pulsed conditions (highest accuracy with booster amplifier)?

Regards,

Pawel

Outcomes