AnsweredAssumed Answered

Reading 34465A continuously through ETH

Question asked by nelup on Jan 5, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 10, 2018 by nelup

Hello,

I wrote own application recording continuous data from HP 34401A through RS232. We buyed new multimeter 34465A and I wanted to record data the same way through ethernet. I am able to communicate with the unit through ethernet, but I can't read continuous data anymore. It looks as data are recorded to internal memory and they are sent as a full-block at the end of measurement. Infinite measurement blocks other communication and I can break it by reconnection only. I used following commands for starting measurement:

FORM:DATA:ASCII
CONF:VOLT:DC AUTO,DEF
SAMP:COUN 5   //I tried 1 too, but documentation says it is not valid
TRIG:SOUR IMM
TRIG:DEL:AUTO ON
TRIG:COUN INF
READ?

At this moment I don't receive any data and I can't stop measurement (ABOR, CTRL+C). The old HP 34401A works this way. My questions are:

1) Is there any possibility to read measured data continuously from the multimeter (to see data in software recorder)?. I think about reading one value by one request, but it is quite slow.

2) Is there any possibility to stop infinity (running) measurement? Command ABOR or CTRL+C (03h) doesn't work. Only reconnection works.

3) I noticed that the connection through TCP at port 5025 can be realized multiple times and more users can control the one unit at the same time. It is not safe. Is there any way how to limit number of connections through this port?

Thanks.

Regards

Nelup

Outcomes