AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best ENA Cal method for Power Sweeps at multiple Frequencies

Question asked by GT_test001 on Nov 16, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2017 by mirek

I'm using ENA E5071C (FW ver B.13.10, Opt 4K5, 008, 1E5).

I would like to make P1dB measurement at several (4-5) frequencies across the band of 8-11 GHz.

To find my P1dB, I'm doing a power sweep and measuring Gain and Abs Power.

I'm doing a power cal, receiver cal, and eCal.

Which of the following cal/meas methods should I use?

1. Set the ENA for freq sweep 8-11 GHz and at the highest anticipated power level (for the power sweep), do a power cal, receiver cal, and then eCal.   Change to power sweep and set CW, power sweep start, stop. meas Gain and Abs Power.  Repeat at other CW frequencies.

2. Set the ENA for power sweep, CW at first frequency (8GHz) and at the highest anticipated power level, do a power cal, receiver cal, and then eCal.   Repeat the three calibrations with the CW set for the other frequencies.  Recall the calibrated state for the desired frequency and meas Gain and Abs Power.  Repeat the state recall and meas for the other frequencies.

3. Set the ENA for power sweep, CW at mid band frequency (9.5GHz) and at the highest anticipated power level, do a power cal, receiver cal, and then eCal.  Meas Gain and Abs Power at first frequency (8GHz).  Change the CW freq and repeat meas for the other frequencies.

Outcomes