AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to retrieve more points out of MSOX3054T

Question asked by wobbert on Sep 7, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 8, 2017 by wobbert

Dear all,

I am trying to get data out of the Keysight InfiniiVision MSOX3054T via VISA. This works, but the amount of data points is fairly small. According to the programmers guide (http://www.keysight.com/upload/cmc_upload/All/3kT_X-Series_prog_guide.pdf, page 980) it should be possible to retrieve up to 8000000 points, but I only get a max of 8333.

But first. I am measuring two signals (sines, at channel 1 and 2) and adding those via the addition math function. My goal is to transfer the result of this math function (thus the added sine signals) to my computer via VISA into MATLAB for post processing.

The command I sent to the scope for setting up the data transfer are the following (script is based on Capturing a waveform from an Agilent oscilloscope over a standard VISA interface - File Exchange - MATLAB Central ):

:STOP

:EXTernal:UNITs VOLT  -> to set the trigger source to external
:CHANNEL1:OFFSET 0 mV
:CHANNEL2:OFFSET 0 mV
:FUNCtion:SOURce1 CHANnel1
:FUNCtion:SOURce2 CHANnel2
:FUNCtion:OPERation ADD
:WAVEFORM:SOURCE MATH
:TIMEBASE:MODE MAIN'
:CHANNEL1:IMPedance FIFTy
:CHANNEL2:IMPedance FIFTy
:CHANNEL1:SCALE 500 mV
:CHANNEL2:SCALE 500 mV
:TIMEBASE:SCALE 20E-6  -> The longest time scale at which the fastest sample rate is possible.
:ACQUIRE:TYPE AVERage
:ACQUIRE:TYPE NORMal
:ACQUIRE:COUNT 1
:WAV:POINTS:MODE MAX

:WAVeform:POINts? MAXimum -> Returns up to something like 8900

:WAV:POINTS 500000

:DIGITIZE MATH

I think the problem is with the sentence "Only data visible on the display will be returned." (page 980) so although it does save more points, it does not display them end therefor not transfer them to my computer.

Does anyone know a way how to transfer more data points?

With kind regards,

Wobbert

Outcomes