AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to jump out of a power supply voltage sweep when it reaches a certain output current and continue the sequence?

Question asked by Jim_V on Jul 13, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 by w0dz

I am writing a sequence to measure the on/off thresholds for an over/under voltage protection circuit.  I am using the Benchvue power supply control to sweep the voltage over the expected threshold range in 10mV steps.  Within the sweep block I have a short delay followed by a get current measurement.  I have a constant current load on the output so I know I can tell if it is on or off based on the Power Supply current.  I can sift through the data in Excel to find the current step, but I would rather have it save the voltage level when the output changed, stop the sweep, and move on to the next threshold which is a separate sweep statement.

I tried using an "if then stop" within the sweep block, but that ended the whole sequence when it got to the first threshold instead of ending the sweep at the current setting and moving on with the sequence.

I guess what I need is a "break" command that will just exit the sweep loop, but I don't think Benchvue has one.

What is the best way to do this?

Outcomes